Handgun Self-Defense Fundamentals
Handgun Self-Defense Fundamentals - Must have completed Handgun Safety and Fundamentals course or be able to pass a short proficiency test. This ensures that the student has a basic understanding of concepts required to safely participate in the class.
(2 hours in the classroom, 5 hours on the firing range)
The student can expect to learn how to properly and safely carry, deploy, and operate a handgun during a self-defense situation.
The student can expect to learn:
- How to properly select and wear a holster
- How to dress appropriately when carrying a handgun
- On-body and off-body best practices for carrying a handgun
- Legal use of force (When to shoot, When not to shoot)
- Drawing from a holster
- Intuitive shooting versus marksmanship
- How to engage a threat while carrying concealed from various distances
This class provides the training certificate required to apply for your Florida Concealed Carry Permit.
- Eye Protection
- Ear Protection
- Closed toed shoes
- Pants with belt loops suitable for holding your holster and pistol on your waist
- A belt suitable for properly holding your holster and pistol
- A holster designed for your pistol (inside the waistband or outside the waistband)
- A semi-automatic pistol or revolver
- 100 rounds of range ammunition